Estate Wines Multimedia News Trade Materials Quick Browse Estates

CHATEAU DU GLANA & BELLEGRAVE

download tech sheet 

Château du Glana

St-Julien
Château Du Glana is located on the Route des Grands Vins running parallel to the Gironde estuary, between the towns of Beychevelle and Saint-Julien, opposite the famous Château Ducru-Beaucaillou. Du Glana was constructed in 1870 by Mr Nadeau, the city of Blaye's architect, for Mr Cayx. At about this time, a small (12.5 acres) vineyard of gravelly soil was consolidated thanks to the purchase of several plots of land from neighbouring Château Saint-Pierre.
After several other owners, Mr Gabriel Meffre bought Château Du Glana in 1961. He increased the vineyard to 106 acres in the following years by acquiring several plots belonging to third growth Château Lagrange.
Today Ludovic and Julien Meffre are motivated by a major ambition: to achieve the estate's full potential.  Much thought has gone into making improvements over the last decade, and the vineyards and cellars have been entirely re-organized and renovated. The vineyard today is mostly in one large block, planted 65% to Cabernet Sauvignon, which gives the wine structure and aging potential, and 35% to Merlot, which provides roundness and body.
 
 
   
Château du Glana bottle